Cooler Weather, Warm Ratatouille Recipe
The weather is cooling off! What goes with cooler weather? Hot, comfort food!
This week's recipe comes from our bookkeeper, Maureen! There are two ways of making this dish, with or without the chicken. Also, you can put this over rice or pasta.
1 Eggplant, diced (skin removed or not; your choice)
2 Zucchini, diced
1 Onion, diced
5 Roma Tomatoes, diced
5 cloves of fresh Garlic, minced
1 lb. Chicken, cubed
4 tsps. fresh Rosemary, minced
4 TBSP of Olive or Avocado Oil
Dash or two of Himalayan Pink Salt
*If you don’t like rosemary, you can use thyme or any other seasoning of your choice. The flavor options are endless. Season to your liking.*
1. In a bowl combine the eggplant, zucchini and onion.
2. In a skillet heat up 2 Tbsp of oil.
3. Add the eggplant mixture into the skillet and sprinkle with 2 tsps of rosemary and a dash of salt.
4. Sauté for approximately 5-6 mins then add in the tomatoes and sauté for another 5-6 mins. until the juice from the tomatoes have been released.
5. When done set aside in a bowl.
6. In the same skillet heat up another 2 Tbsp of oil.
7. Add your chicken and sprinkle with 2 tsp of rosemary and a dash of salt. Cook until done.
8. Add eggplant mixture back into the skill with the chicken and mix together and sauté for another 4-5 minutes.
Nutritional value is approximate and based on 6 servings.
If you make it, let us know what you think!